Friday, February 7, 2014

Fashion Blogger Wannabe

I love shopping and clothes and putting outfits together. I know this is sad, but sometimes at night I can't sleep because I'm too excited about a new cardigan I found at Goodwill and I'm thinking about all the outfits I can create with it. That being said, I work from home and there's probably only one day a week you'll find me not in sweat pants or my pajamas. In theory this sounds great and wonderful. And it is at times. But every day around 3:00 in the afternoon I look at myself in the mirror and think, "What exactly have you done with your day?" Even if I actually got a lot of work done, my appearance sure doesn't show it (or maybe it does, I guess). Then I fall into a bout of anxiety that I usually am not able to shake before bedtime.

I am not, have not, and probably will never be a fashion blogger. I wish I could be, but my photography skills are sorely lacking and Husband works all day and taking photos of yourself is quite hard! Especially when you don't own a full-length mirror (which I will work on acquiring). However, that being said, in an effort to try to get me to actually dress myself properly for the day (or most days, anyway), I'll be blogging about my outfits from time to time. I imagine most, if not everything will be thrifted seeing as I couldn't tell you the last time I went to a mall and shopped for clothing. Maybe this will actually motivate me to wear some of the outfits I create in my head. Ha!

Today's outfit comes to you from Goodwill and Salvation Army.


Blouse: Goodwill (Vintage, no tags)
Cardigan: Salvation Army (Vintage, no tags)
Jeans: Goodwill (J. Jill and are my FAVORITE jeans ever! Love the fit!)
Shoes: Salvation Army (Rue)
Owl Cardigan Clip: Gifted from a friend

This is one of my favorite tops. I'm a sucker for vintage, collars, polka dots, and navy. It's like it was made for me! And seriously. THESE JEANS. I cannot get over how much I love them. Usually when I'm thrifting I skip the jeans section because it can be a little overwhelming (so. much. denim.) but this particular day I didn't and I hit the jackpot!

Thanks for bearing with me as I explore this new outlet of creativity, hopefully my photography skills will improve soon!!  

(Also I'm on Instagram now! If you're there let me know so I can follow you!)





No comments:

Post a Comment