Monday, May 6, 2013

An introduction of sorts!

My name is Stephanie and I'm a nearly 30 something (when did THAT happen??) living in Austin, TX with my nerdy husband. By day I write fiction for children and young adults. Also by day I am an avid thrifter, baker, and decorator (among other things!). I've had a few people approach me over the past few years to start a blog about living in a small space and how I incorporate my vintage finds into my home. "I already have a blog!" I thought. "Why should I start another?" Well after much thought I decided I wanted to try to keep the two separate. This blog will be specifically about my thrifting adventures, apartment photos, and things of that nature. My other blog will be mainly a more personal one where I talk about my writing life, family, etc.

Confused yet? Yeah, so am I. We'll get through this together.

Why do I thrift? The thrill of the hunt more than anything. Also vintage kitchenware. Pyrex, Fire King, Glasbake, you name it. I have accumulated so much of it that I sell it on Etsy now.



I also thrift because I like to be as green as possible in my day to day life. Yes, I'm the type of person who gets giddy off recycling things, so saving something from going into a landfill or dump is just up my alley. 

I thank you in advance for finding my little blog. I will be updating things around here soon, so please be patient with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment