Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thirfting Thursday

People often ask me what my favorite thrifting find is. And hands down it's my card catalog.


I'm a writer and all around book lover. I feel like I basically grew up in our local library, I even read my first ever book (It was a Word Bird book I believe) in our little library. To say that I've been looking for a card catalog for years would be an understatement. One day I walked into one of my Goodwills and there it was calling out to me. Only problem was it was a auction item. 

The Austin area Goodwills have a few items that they do a silent auction on over the course of a week, then a live auction every Saturday. I wrote down a bid and prayed it was enough. I was leaving Wednesday of that week to go out of town so I begged my poor husband to go to the live auction on Saturday to make sure I won. And he did! Turns out only one other lady had bid on it at the silent auction and nobody had interest in it at the live auction. Score for me!

I just love it. It's old. The wood has different tones in it and I love everything about it. I also love its size. While yes I'd love a huge card catalog, this one measures right at about three feet tall. Perfect for my small apartment! 



No comments:

Post a Comment