Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thrifting Thursday

Happy Thursday, everyone! Thrifting Thursday is a feature I've been thinking about for a while, even before I started this blog. Each Thursday (hopefully!) I'll talk about thrifting in some way. Either how I've incorporated something into my home, my finds for the week, or something silly I saw at the store.

This week want to talk about this beauty:


I have been looking for a bar cart of some sort for ages and couldn't find one I liked. It either wasn't the right size or shape or wasn't in good enough condition. While I was out thrifting yesterday I spotted this guy from across the store. I did a slow-mo run to it and saw it was $15. After a quick once over I saw it was well worth the $15 so I pushed it around the store while I did my other shopping, getting many looks from other shoppers. It made an excellent shopping basket!





I am in love with the detailing on the side. It's pretty much exactly what I've been looking for, sans the color, of course. I'm going to repaint it, I just haven't decided what color yet. I'm thinking a light teal blue/sea foam green color. I might try to mimic the side detail on the top, but I'm not sure if I want to get that complicated with it. I'll get a piece of glass cut to put on top and breathe some new life into this bad boy! I'm hoping to get to it sometime next week. The weather here in Texas isn't showing any signs of cooling off as we head into the end of May so I need to do it as quickly as I can. 

Did you guys find anything interesting this week? Have any recommendations as to what color I should paint my bar cart? Let me know in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment