Monday, May 13, 2013

World's Easiest Cookies

Tomorrow I'm meeting a friend in the afternoon and wanted to bring a little treat for us to nosh on. I had a recipe for cinnamon apple sauce bread I wanted to try, but sadly I was out of cinnamon. I'm not sure how I let this happen! Instead I fell back on my old trusty peanut butter cookies. I'm not even sure who told me this recipe or where I got it from originally, but I'm seen it posted in a few other places too so it's not like it's an original recipe or anything. I promise this is literally the easiest cookie recipe ever. And they're gluten free!

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup peanut butter (1 cup = 16 tablespoons)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix everything together with a mixer. You can try to do this by hand if you're looking for a good workout, but you'll thank me by suggesting the mixer! You'll have a nice dough consistency pretty quick. I use a 2 teaspoon scoop so that all my cookies are the same size (because I'm nothing if not OCD) but you can do whatever is easiest for you. Place cookie dough balls on a greased cookie sheet then using a fork press in an up/down direction then a left/right direction for each cookie. Place in a 350 degree oven and cook for 10-12 minutes (I do 10). Once they're out, let them sit on the sheet for about five minutes. This is important! These cookies are pretty crumbly so you need to give them a few minutes to stabilize. Since there's no flour in the cookies they won't rise. After your five minutes are up carefully move them to a cooling rack to let them cool completely. For me this recipe makes almost two dozen cookies.





Mixing bowl: Pyrex from the 1980s
Serving plate: Mikasa (habitat pattern), from the 1960s
Glass cake dome: I know it's vintage, but I'm not sure who it's by! I also have the matching cake stand.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try this! They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super super easy and delicious! Plus peanut butter! Protein! They're practically a health food.

      Delete